"DP" and Me

DP and I became a "grandfamily" about three years ago. We are learning all about readjustment: me as a parent--again, him as part of a "new" family. Each day we find our little blessing in the storm.









Friday, October 7, 2011

He makes me so proud

Today, after we were sure all homework was done, he joined several friends and went biking through the neighborhood. He came home just before dark--without being told. He and all his friends carry cell phones. That's a good thing. I overheard him calling one of the friends to be sure they got home safely. I didn't mean to eavesdrop (take that back---yes I did!). Anyway, he said "I just wanted to be sure you got home okay." As it turns out, two of his friends (both girls) must cross a busy highway to get home; he was checking on their safety. Awwwww. See, now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment